LeetCoders
HWID System - How to? - Printable Version

+- LeetCoders (http://www.leetcoders.org)
+-- Forum: Programming (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: .Net Framework (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: HWID System - How to? (/showthread.php?tid=8)

HWID System - How to? - dzs - 07-08-2013 08:22 AM

Hello,

I want to secure my programs with HWID lock, so I need to enter a username and HWID on a weblog, before a person can log into my program with his username.

Best Regards DZS.

RE: HWID System - How to? - Droaxenius - 07-08-2013 06:25 PM

Efter quick google lookup, I've found this little function that return hardware ID
Code:
Function HWID()
    Dim hardwareID as String = System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent.User.Value
    return hardwareID
End Function
Now it shouldn't be too hard to make a complete HWID system, you only need an HWID system panel.

RE: HWID System - How to? - dzs - 07-09-2013 02:35 AM

I mean like, my program connect to a .txt/another db sort of thing, on the web, where it checks if the HWID is in the files.

I will play a little further with this.

Thanks

RE: HWID System - How to? - Droaxenius - 07-09-2013 02:53 AM

Yes, you could connect/download a .txt "db" but it's pretty much insecure. If you wait some days, I've been working on something for just this kind of stuff, it requires a web- and mysqlserver, and PHP.

RE: HWID System - How to? - dzs - 07-09-2013 04:39 AM

ohh, sounds awesome @Droaxenius

RE: HWID System - How to? - dzs - 07-14-2013 11:09 AM

hey Smile any news? /The message is too short. Please enter a message longer than 30 characters.

RE: HWID System - How to? - alecn1519 - 07-14-2013 11:25 AM

While you are waiting, you could try making a simple HWID protection using the code provided. Essentially, you will make an HWID "getter" program that clients will need to run in order to provide you with their HWID, then you will add it to the "database" (or text file). Upon program launch, it will load up that text file and see if it is valid (found in the text file).
Hope that helps.

RE: HWID System - How to? - Droaxenius - 07-14-2013 08:19 PM

Do what alecn1519 said. I'm being quite busy nowdays. But I'm doing some progress everyday. The hard part is done, the layout now just the mysql functions.

Some information for the system: You'll need to insert into the db following things, username, password and the hwid.
I think it should be finished this comming week. :-)

RE: HWID System - How to? - dzs - 07-15-2013 12:13 PM

Will try Smile Thanks dude

/30chars.. lol

I'm looking into it, will post results here Smile Amazing community guys!

RE: HWID System - How to? - Droaxenius - 07-20-2013 03:15 AM

No problem, I'll work on it today/tonight. :-)